I love the Emmy Awards because they tide you over until awards season begins in earnest in January. While the weather is still warm, you can gather all your fellow binge watchers and root for your favorite actors, actresses and shows to take home dazzling gold statues praising their artistic achievements.
While it's fun to see who is victorious, it's even more fun to see what they are wearing. These are my picks for the best and worst dressed at this year's Emmy Awards.
1. Jessica Biel - Nominated for The Sinner, Jessica Biel looked gorgeous in this white Ralph & Russo gown. The dress was giving me mermaid bride vibes, in the best way. She has the beachy waves going with the hair and the perfect rose colored lipstick.
2. Milo Ventimiglia - Milo has had my heart since Gilmore Girls. I think he looks devilishly handsome here. I'm not normally a fan of the white jacket, but he's really pulling it off.
3. Sandra Oh - Seeing Sandra Oh on the red carpet reminded me how much I miss Cristina Yang. Nominated for Killing Eve, she dazzled in this apple red Ralph & Russo dress. I love the belt (you know I love a cinched waist) and the embellishments on the neckline.
4. Zazie Beetz - Nominated for Atlanta, Zazie Beetz looked glamorous, strong and powerful in this Ralph Lauren ensemble.
Now onto those who missed the mark (like, wildly missed the mark).
1. Allison Janney - Allison Janney is one of my favorite actresses of all time (I just saw her on my new Netflix obsession Somebody Feed Phil) but this purple sequin Prabal Gurung dress is a mistake. The color is too fluorescent and I hate the asymmetry of the sleeves.
2. Leslie Jones - It pains me to put Leslie Jones on this list because I adore her, but this Christian Siriano suit looks like iridescent cotton candy.
3. Karamo Brown - Karamo may be favorite member of the Queer Eye cast, but this Captain Hook thing he has going on is not working.
4. Tina Fey - Tina Fey has been on my worst dressed list for years. Maybe over a decade. She just doesn't understand what looks good - clothing, hair or make up. This Elie Saab dress looks like it's made from crinkled up garbage bags and her messy bun is a hair do she easily could have done in the bathroom after not washing her hair for three days.
Those are my picks! Tell me, did you watch? Did you have a favorite look?