Here in New England we are lucky to have some of the freshest seafood on the planet. Given our proximity to amazing local crustaceans, there is no better place to celebrate National Lobster Day.
So where can you chow down in Beantown for this special occasion? I've got you covered.
1. Cook (Newtonville) - The lobster slider appetizer at Cook in Newtonville delivers that quintessential New England summer feel. Lobster, mayo, lemon and tarragon are mixed together and stuffed into a warm, toasted brioche bun.
2. Puritan & Co. (Inman Square) - Chef Will Gilson puts a spin on the classic lobster roll at Puritan & Co. with his lobster steamed buns - an Asian bun envelopes lobster meat cooked in brown butter and lemon, topped with a sriracha aioli.
3. Tiger Mama (Fenway) - Top Chef Tiffani Faison highlights the signature hue of lobster by pairing it with green curry at Tiger Mama. A lobster claw pokes out of the bowl of curry which is made with celeriac and also stars grilled baby corn.
4. Nebo (Seaport) - One of the things I miss most about working downtown is being just a five minute walk from Nebo. On National Lobster Day you can enjoy their lobster cioppino which is a seafood stew with lobster, mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari and spicy tomato broth served with bruschetta. Come hungry.
5. Wahlburgers (Fenway) - Now I know what you are thinking. Wahlburgers is a burger and fries place. That is true, but in addition to the regular patties, they also offer a surf 'n turf burger topped with Maine lobster, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon and lemon chive mayo on a potato roll. Are you drooling?
6. Ocean Prime (Seaport) - Putting a fun, tropical twist on the typical preparation for lobster, Ocean Prime offers a lobster sushi roll which is poached lobster tail, kiwi, pickled mango, sweet peppers, cilantro and a sesame ginger vinaigrette.
7. Ward 8 (North End) - You can't actually eat this dish today (sorry!) but you can try it this weekend at brunch on Saturday or Sunday when Ward 8 will serve up their lobster crepes. This breakfast dish includes lobster, scrambled eggs, three cheese béchamel, chives and sides of home fries and greens.
Go out and get your lobster on!
*Photo #2 courtesy of Puritan & Co., photo #4 courtesy of Nebo, photo #5 courtesy of Wahlburgers, photo #6 courtesy of Ocean Prime and photo #7 courtesy of Ward 8.