Yesterday afternoon I put on my New England Patriots sweatshirt and laughed out loud when I discovered it smelled of my Stella McCartney perfume. I found this highly comical, but also totally appropriate as the fourth quarter of the Patriots/Jets playoff game was on at the same time as the Golden Globes red carpet.
I had to watch the end of the game on the TV, so on my laptop I kept up with the Golden Globes arrivals via the Fug Girls live blog for New York Magazine (have I mentioned NYMag.com is my favorite website?) as well as tweets and photos from Michael Ausiello on Twitter (@MichaelAusiello). Check out both web links for hilarious commentary and superb candid photos.
At 7:00pm my awards show crew arrived, we settled in over a feast of Trader Joe's snacks and began judging. My friend, and fellow blogger, live blogged the entire evening, complete with our couch commentary. Check it out here.
As is my annual tradition, I present you with my Best and Worst Dressed list! This year it's lucky number seven in both categories!
1) Jake Gyllenhaal - Jake was one of the first stars I saw on the red carpet and he just looks yummy. He is pure, classic, Hollywood glamour in this Burberry suit.
5) Anne Hathaway - I am always eager to see what Anne will wear as I know she is styled by Team Zoe, and I really loved this bronze, sequined Giorgio Armani Prive gown. Did you see the plunging back? Yowza.
7) Jane Krakowski - Jane wins the "Best Dressed Pregnant Woman" award for highlighting her baby bump in this ice blue, Badgley Mischka gown. I have typically praised Jane's red carpet choices and I was thrilled to see she didn't let her pregnancy dampened her sense of style.
1) Helena Bonham Carter - Tim Burton's wife looks like a character from one of his twisted movies. This Vivienne Westwood number and the two Christmas colored shoes are an absolute train wreck.
2) Julianne Moore - First let me say, I think Julianne Moore is stunning. She has beautiful skin, incredible hair and looks smoldering with zero effort. Last night however, I hated her fuchsia, Lanvin dress. What is going on with that puffy shoulder?
3) Leighton Meester - 99 percent of the time I think Leighton Meester and Blair Waldorf are the same person. Last night that unified image was shattered when Leighton showed up in this complete snoozefest. Boring color, boring shape. You will never win Chuck back looking like this!
4) Scarlett Johansson - Scarlett, did you stick your finger in an electrical socket? What is going on with that hair? And this boring, nude colored, Elie Saab dress? Why? You are the face of Louis Vuitton for crying out loud! Step it up.
5) Jennifer Lopez - One of the girls watching the awards with me made a great comment, "Nothing will ever top that Versace with the plunging neckline." While I am in complete agreement, there is absolutely no reason J.Lo needed to step out as the sequin, snow queen in this half dress/half poncho outfit. Eeek.
6) Michelle Williams - I will always have a soft spot for Michelle Williams (and the rest of the cast of Dawson's Creek) and I am truly looking forward to seeing her new movie, Blue Valentine, but this dress . . . oy. It looks like an elementary school, craft project. All kinds of wrong.
7) Tilda Swinton - I think Tilda Swinton has been on every Worst Dressed list I've ever written. I've stopped expecting her to look normal. This outfit is half men's dress shirt/half cheap comforter. Don't even get me started about her lack of make up.
*All photos in this post are courtesy of Just Jared.